The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday May 28, 2004 at 09:55
MitchellEnt
Long Time Member
February 2004
I've been approached by a couple of those white van salesman. The were peddling "Dogg" Speakers, and showed me a professional looking catalog with the price 1000 each.

Furthermore, a guy came into my store once with a pair the got from the white van guys. It was a huge tower with a bunch of drivers, but the guy was complaining it sounded like crap. After opening it up I saw only one of each driver worked (1 mid range, 1 woofer, 1 tweeter) and the rest had no magnets. Needless to say, even the active driver sound horrible.

But heres the topper, and I have seen this same thing twice. Someone came in with a camcorder the bought from a white van salesman. (With a fake "sony" sticker on the side) They are looking for a tape they can use. After opening the camcorder and after a long inspection. We find a spot for two media devices. A spot for a roll of camera film, and a spot for an audio cassette, with a light powered by AA batteries. Their was no cassette head, however, just a drive to make it look like it was working. On the upside though, it did take pictures okay :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse