The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday May 28, 2004 at 00:41
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
OK, I'll give ya the scrolling menus... But in my book, that beats the goofy mouse over drop down menus any day....

And the "Overview" catagor (Just 2 clicks in) gets you the the product info much quicker...

From your description I wondered if Crestron updated their site...

Open up the main page...

Oh, A Products Mouse-Over expanding menu! Great! Opps... 8 Options and Header..... Lets Try Residential.... Whoa.... Quick Jump to a Zillion Nondescript model numbers...... and...... 20! Different Categories! Uh Oh....... Lets try Control Panels and Keypads... Nice Page of Links with a little discription of what they are... Still No Pictures....... and I dont see anything a average customer would call a Control Panel... Just Button Remotes.... --BACK-- Oh.. Down on the Bottom... TOuchpanels....... Oh Gee.. The first thing I see is Accesories... Breif Discriptions and Still No Pictures....... Whoop-di-doo.. scroll scroll scroll..... Ah Iys Touchpanels... Finally.... ANd Yes, Lots of Good Information...........

Now... The above doesnt bother me too much because I used to have to deal with it every day..... But scrolling through pages is significantly more time consuming than clicking through AMX's Nav Bars.

I can get to where I need to go on one page.

The Point of my ramblings is this....

Neither Company has what I would consider a "Consumer Friendly" site. You drink the Crestron Kool-Aid so anything associated with Crestron is the second coming....

I however know AMX has superior products. Dealing with a Little akward-ness is not a big deal, I can get all the Information I need in seconds.

You want a bad site???? Lutrons HWI Support site... Holy cow.... Now thats bad.......... But hey... all the info is there if you know where to find it.

This message was edited by Impaqt on 05/28/04 19:48.

Hosting Services by ipHouse