The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday June 6, 2004 at 10:16
freddyfreeload
April 2004
My brother, dont get stuck here.
Just explain to him that he must choose between using pip OR having simple operation of the system he originally had you design. The way PIP was designed on his particular set DOESN'T mix with, and is last priority to the audio setup. Even if it was to work, he would NEVER continue using it because of the pain in the butt factor of getting it setup. Guarantee it.
This is the point at the end of your install where the customer is faced with writing a check. He is going to look for things, probe you, etc. (I think clients perceive PIP as something simple to enable with a full home theater, and that hooking it up was simply forgotten or ignored. (This has to be the case , but on a few occasions my clients mentioned something about it at the beginning, in which case I could tell him "Ill try" to make it work. You're credibility factor will be much higher if you are prepared to defend yourself, rather that having it look like it IS possible or that its even a typical practice to use PIP with HT (when you keep trying, it appears as though it should work but you just cant figure it out.) At this point, you must explain to him that you should have never tried. If he has a problem with this, have him tell you where he has EVER seen it work like this, a friend, some other showroom, whatever. You could even make a $100 bet with him!!

This message was edited by freddyfreeload on 06/06/04 10:28.

Hosting Services by ipHouse