The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday June 6, 2004 at 08:57
McNasty
Founding Member
January 2002
Are you trying to give him audio from both his TV speakers and A/V reciever from any combination? Good luck. My old boss used to try to do that for his clients and his reasoning behind it was "Sometimes people just don't want to listen to it through their A/V system". Everything was hooked up with all their outputs...compnent, composite, S-vid, digital, analog...etc. It's a waste of time, and the final wiring job looks like a mess. Not only that, but it makes operating the system not only confusing to us, but even more confusing to the client. I used to explain to my clients that it wasn't worth it to hook things up that way, and then asked them to explain why they didn't want to listen through their AV reciever. I always got the same answer. "It's too loud"...I used to come back with "Well, then turn it down, and switch your subwoofer off". It's a lot easier then two sets of instructions where one is more confusing than the other. If you give your clients too many options they will run with it and make the setup rediculous, because they don't want to give up their "old way" of watching tv. If you tell them "this is how it should be" they will trust you because you are the expert, and they will learn how to operate it correctly. Now, if you set it up so all the sound is directed through the reciever you could easily set it up to switch sound with the pip video by setting a macro on the curser buttons. I have mine set up so when you press to the right it switches the reciever to the source in the right window, and the opposite for the left. It works great.

Hosting Services by ipHouse