Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday June 5, 2004 at 09:15
g1130
Long Time Member
October 2002
Tom,

even though I always try to talk customers out of using PIP (a giant source of service calls) heres the hook-up to make it work as seamlessly as possible.

Take the raw cable feed before the box and split it with a two way

Run one leg directly into the Mits TV tuner input.
Run the other leg into the cable box input.

If using a VCR:

Run the cable box audio/video line level output into VCR EXT line level input.

Run the VCR's video output to the Receiver( choose any video input, I usually use VCR-1

Run an audio pair out of the VCR output into the TV EXT-1 input.

Run your Receivers monitor output into the Mits EXT-1 video input.

Run the TV's Audio output into the same input on your receiver that the video coming from the VCR is hooked up to.

Operation is simple.
Turn on VCR make sure it on EXT to receive cable signal.
Turn on TV and select EXT-1
Turn on receiver and select VCR-1
Change channel using cable box

When you hit PIP the TV's EXT-1 will be in one picture and the raw cable signal will be on TV's antenna input. When you issue the swap command for the TV's PIP, the audio will swap with the picture without the customer having to do anything to the receiver.

Playing a VCR tape is also easy, just pop in a tape, the receiver is already on the correct input.

Keep in mind that in this scenario everything is analog. If you have a digital connection on the cable box you should make that connection to the receiver with either the S-VHS or component if its a high definition cable box.

I know it seems like a rubiks cube of cables but it works. Let me know if you prefer a diagram. end me an E-mail or fax and I will send you one.

Hosting Services by ipHouse