The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday June 8, 2004 at 21:47
Ted Wetzel
Founding Member
November 2001
I've got to finish a design for an apartment in NYC & I just can't decide the "best" way to do it. So here it is:

Four rooms of audio: foyer entry, kitchen, living room & Master Bedroom. Relatively small space;1300 square feet. The foyer opens into the living room and the kitchen is off to the left of it so they are very close together. The only audio source is a 5 disc changer and an FM/AM tuner that "we are absolutely never going to use"
The living room and master bed are getting 42" plasmas with DVD & HD cable as sources. No home theater at all. The LR & MB speakers need to be for both the video and audio.
Oh, and of course it must be low cost, totally invisible and completely idiot proof.

So this is my current thinking. use the plasma for the AV switching with audio outputs back to a Russound CA4i-LCD. MX800 in the LR & MB to control the AV equipment and the Russound. No room for expansion but it should work. Source 1:LR 2:MB 3:CD 4:FM. I'll have cat5 EVERYWHERE in case the MX800 flubbs up but I did an initial test and I think I'll be OK. I may even rack up both cable boxes and use one DVD for both plasmas. The run is pretty long but there is a good closet behind the LR plasma but nothing good in the MB for equipment.

So what do you guys think? I can think of about twenty ways to do this but the fact that there is no home theater and two out of the four rooms have to share speakers just make it a little strange. I did consider Soncance K2's and the harbor system but I've never worked with one before so I'm not sure how it would work with the MX800 and it just seemed overkill for these people. This is just a crash pad in the city for a few nights a week.

This message was edited by Ted Wetzel on 06/08/04 21:56.

Hosting Services by ipHouse