The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday June 8, 2004 at 09:02
kschoenberg
Long Time Member
October 2002
Thank you for taking the time to respond...and so quickly!

I understand there's no way to get the programming back out of the unit. It's why I'm upset that my dealer "lost" the programming I paid for earlier. I was planning on doing it all over again. Is there a library of IR drivers available?
I've written programs in many languages and different environments...I'm sure I can handle Crestrons. I'm sure it won't be easy but at worst it will be a fun challenge.

I have looked on the Crestron site and there's very, very little information available on the ST 1500 any longer. I looked pretty extensively and couldn't find the manual in their library. I know they have had more than one programming environment over the past few years....I'd like to be sure I'm using one that the units I own can run. As for making the cables...I assume that would be in the manual.

Given a choice between having to go back and pay a couple of thousand dollars to program the unit correctly and add one device...and then be on the hook for going back to them for a minimum of $1,000 anytime I want to switch or upgrade an item...I think I'll just have to look at a more open remote system.

BTW, I'm not talking about an entire home automation system running off the Crestron. It's a TV and a few pretty standard A/V devices.

Anyway, thank you again for your assistance.

On 06/08/04 07:01, Theaterworks said...
There is no way to get Crestron programming "back
out of" a touchpanel or processor for editing.
You will need to hire someone to program it from
scratch, which will neatly take care of the old
bugs. :-) You should contact a Crestron dealer
in your area, or ask around here.

On the programming cable, Crestron's documentation
will tell you how to make one. Their software
is downloadable for free, but getting the right
IR drivers may be a problem depending on your
equipment. You may be able to program it yourself,
but it's a steeeep learning curve there. You
need to ask yourself if it is worth your time.

This message was edited by kschoenberg on 06/08/04 09:19.

Hosting Services by ipHouse