The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday June 25, 2004 at 01:39
HDTVJunkie
Long Time Member
March 2004
My approach was needing HAA training. There wasn't much Joel could teach me about video.

I did send him an email in the early days of HD, asking him if he new a way to test the claims of the various manufacurers. His response was, I'm going to try to quote him accurately... "Unfortunately, the only specs we can count on from the TV manufacturers is the size and the weight." Did I get that right Joel?

If you don't understand color space, if you don't know the acronym SMPTE, I urge you to take the ISF portion of this seminar.

Jerry LeMay taught the HAA portion of the seminar. I learned that the equipment you install is akin to the strings of a violin, the room is like the body. I learned it in mathematical equations that I can apply, every day, in the real world.

Should you take the training? If SMPTE is an acromym that you can't define, then you are probably completely ignorant about image callibration. If you don't know the speed that sound travels, then you are probably ignorant about sound too.

Evaluate yourself...

Hosting Services by ipHouse