Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday July 1, 2004 at 01:33
Stew Pidasso
Long Time Member
September 2003
Theaterworks:
Thanks once again for your reply. While I'm sure you would do an excellent job, It is probably better for someone more local to do the work. I am thinking that a media server probably is a lot like a computer, where quirks constantly have to be "unquirked" and where updating is an ongoing issue. If I can't find a local firm, I might be interested in paying you as a consultant to nurse me through the setup. Some of my employees are Microsoft certified, for whatever that's worth.

Other than the travel time, a round trip from Chicago is pretty reasonable-- I just flew round trip to Chicago a couple of weeks ago on American Airlines for only $218.00. I may consider it. You would probably enjoy a trip to San Diego, as the weather is beautiful most of the time. Living here is another story-- a modest home is $750,000 yet labor rates are amoung the lowest in the US. No wonder it's so hard to find someone qualified to do anything besides structured wiring and out-of-the-box solutions-- it costs a lot to run a business here and it's almost impossible to pay a tech enough to live comfortably. The really advanced guys seem in short supply and very busy.

Keep watching for posts in this thread to see if anyone local replys.

Hosting Services by ipHouse