The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday July 12, 2004 at 18:22
Warren
Long Time Member
November 2002
A little off topic for this forum, but no other place in here to ask for input on this.

I have downloaded the FireFox browser after listening to Kim Komando comment on it during her computer oriented radio program Saturday.

She did say that the first versions had some problems, but that they seemed to have straightened them out.

So far, I have had no problem with it, and it is loading web sites at two to three times the speed that Internet Explorer does, including remote central.... and that is through a 1.1 Gig cable modem system.

It seems too good to be true. Considerably faster than IE, with practically no hackers even caring about it, so far less security issues.

So far, all I can say is not bad at all for a free program. I should mention, if you decide to download it, it comes without much Java support. The first site you hit with some Java apps running will display a "Click Me" message to download the Java... also free.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and if you have encountered any problems.

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse