The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Tuesday July 13, 2004 at 02:08
HDTVJunkie
Long Time Member
March 2004
I recommend passing on built-in vacuum cleaner systems. Look at the theory for a minute. Do you hang your hat on suction or airflow? Sure, when you seal the intake of a canister system (all built-ins are canisters) you feel pressure against your hand, or your bowling ball, and you say oooh! But what is the transportation for the dirt? Air! Sorry, but it's all about air flow, not suction. Our very language for the device is wrong. We call it a "vacuum cleaner" while the rest of the western world uses a translation of the word asperator. Breather. CFM is what it's all about if you want to clean rugs. Cubic feet of air per minute. We were hijacked by General Foods marketing genious when they bought Electrolux (USA only) in the 1950s.

I recommend a good breather. Contrary to David Oreck's claim that hotels use his product, it would be the exception, not the rule. Next time you stay in a hotel, have a quick look at the maids cart. Most often you will find a Eureka product called Sanitaire. That's what I recommend to my customers.

Next time you need a vac, buy an upright, but be aware that every manufacturer is selling canisters on wheels now. You have to know the difference. An upright has it's bag or filter after the motor, down line. I know that the market is heading away from this kind of device, but keep in mind that they are driven by what's selling, not by what's best.

Hosting Services by ipHouse