Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday July 16, 2004 at 12:42
2nd rick
August 2002
another idea that would apply if the bay window if the bay extends all the way to the floor with a window seat type feature like you commonly see. You can recess an inwall into the millwork or enclose a box apeaker behind grille cloth like you would in a high end armoire. Other options include raising it from the base of the window seat on an Auton lift.

If your bay is only the window itself extends from the interior wall, then you may consider the downward angled ceiling speakers.
I have heard the Speakercraft AIM and Sonance Ellipse in other companies installations and they sound pretty good for their prices. I recently finished a master bed install using Triad in-ceiling silver mini-monitors for tyhe front L,C,and R with inwall silver mini-monitors for the rears and a triad inwall sub with the rack amp. It worked very well in this case because I didn't have much extra drop on the screen because of sight lines while laying in the bed. The image and dialogue tracked like it was right on the screen.
www.triadspeakers.com

This message was edited by 2nd rick on 07/16/04 13:14.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse