The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Sunday July 11, 2004 at 23:15
phil
Founding Member
December 2001
Hey G,this may push some of Media's employees to start their own small businesses similar to yours.

It would serve you right if they then start undercuting your prices just to get work. All of a sudden a bunch of little guys nippin at your heels.

To me "trunkslammer" is derogatory term meaning someone who dosen't know what they are doing or does crummy work ie: my former boss.
He has a storefront.
He has 8 employees.
He stapled big 8 ohm cement resistors to basement floor joists for impedence matching, they char the wood nicely at high volume. He used to use 22/4 for volume control feeds, now he uses 18/4 "the customer can't hear the difference". In the 9 mo I was with him I saw 2 customers that were sold bad HD systems, 1 the scaler he was sold was not compatable with the Hughes HD receiver, I was told to use the composite outputs "the scaler will convert it". The other was sold a Samsung LCD 40" with a Hughes HD sat, the set only accepted 480P the Hughes only outputed 480I or 1080I. He told me that he would get the customer an "adapter", never did.

I work out of my house, does that make me a trunkslammer? I am a CEDIA certified installer and designer. I do better work than my former boss and better than lot of the storefront companies around here. I am also fully insured. I charge what I need to make a profit and am cheaper than some of the big boys, but I also loose some bids to lower priced competition.

I never slam my trunk, it's a hatchback.

This message was edited by phil on 07/12/04 03:14.
"Regarding surround sound, I know musicians too well to want them behind my back."
-Walter Becker

Hosting Services by ipHouse