Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday July 9, 2004 at 01:20
teknobeam1
May 2004
smal guy,, big guy. It's all good. You can define either of these terms in many ways. depends on the criterea. Is the main element volume of sales or jobs? is it the size or scope of the jobs you do, or is it the quality of work? I think it's different for everyone. You have to operate your business at a level of comfort and ability. Amny people have operated very sucesful "small guy" operations for years, then thinking that becoming a "big guy" was important, they proceeded to bury themselves in a sea of overhead and mismanagement. I take my hat off to companies such as Media systems that maintained a thriving entity at that level. That said, at whatever level you operate at, it really hs to be manageable, otherwise it's not worth the effort. I think if you look at most of the large succesful companies in the industry you will find that the principle players and their key staff members all have had years of experience in working for other succesful business or have been involved in the operation or management of smaller ones. it's almost like a sifting process that has to happen.

Hosting Services by ipHouse