Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday March 21, 2004 at 23:32
avdude
Founding Member
February 2002
jmk8793...

welcome!

PLEASE, look through the posts over the years here!

I agree, there is no need to get nasty...we ALL have our opinions, and they ALL have some validity...

but PLEASE, look at where I AM COMING FROM...

Colorado...population 4 million (maybe a little more) yet on ANY given weekend, and ALL summer, I can find the following ratios, counting license plates alone!

Colorado 1: California 3

Colorado 1: Texas 2

Colorado 1: New York, New Jersey, or Florida 1

This means several things...

one, my job is secure cause people from these sates LOVE my state (born AND RAISED, by the way)

two, Californians, ESPECIALLY HOLLYWOOD, BEVERLY HILLS, and LOS ANGELES, LOVE my state. I KNOW THIS, because MY clientelle in Southwest, CO, when I worked there, is EASILY as impressive as some others...TO INCLUDE:

Tom Cruise/Nicole Kidman (pre problems)
Brad and Jennifer
"Stormin" Normam Swartzkoph (spelling?)
Sylvester Stalone (also took him up Vail Moutain in a snowcat when I worked there as an 18 year old HS senior in Glenwood Springs)
Barry Sonnenfeld
Oprah Winfrey
Lawrence Kasdan
Jeffery Price (wrote the Grinch Screenplay)
THREE Disney heirs...
ONE AVEDA Hair Care Heir

In Denver,

Patrick Roy (the BEST goaltender in NHL history)
Peter Forseberg (ummm...another hockey guy)
Lars Soderberg (VP, Janus Funds)

and a partridge in a pear tree!

Ohh...one more...remember the stupid friggin smiley t-shirts that made Wal-Mart....Wal-Mart? His name is Harvey Roiseman, and he sells 85% of all T-shirts to Wal-Mart...yeah, him too!

What's my point? Just that I know different cultures, which BELEIVE ME, Hollywood and Beverly Hills ARE are different culture, and I know what they think and expect....and THEY, never even insinuated that they thought our company was a bunch of trunkslammers, because we were SMALL...and were ALL very happy with our work.

The company I worked for had TWO trucks, was located in a 1000 square foot space above the local gas company, had four guys (the owner, plus three techs) and was doing these kinds of jobs and numbers...so, this pre-madonna BULLSHIT about having all the blah...blah...friggin blah that CERTAIN users claim...BEFORE you can exit TRUNKSLAMMER status...is BULLSHIT!

small companies (5-10 people) do some of the very best work...bar none....they ALSO have some of the best pay and benefits!

avdude

This message was edited by avdude on 03/22/04 08:06.
AVDUDE
"It might work better if it were plugged in and programmed first...just a thought!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse