The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday July 18, 2004 at 16:29
reeff
Lurking Member
July 2004
I'd like to get your recommendations on what to do to in setting up a home theater system. I currently purchased a home and plan to put a home theater in the basement in a room which is 11 x 16. It is rather small however think it would be a great room for it.

I'd like to know how much I would have to spend to get a 'decent' home theater for the size of the room. I would think I don't have to go all out since the size of the room is smaller... thoughts...

A friend of mine has a home theater system which consists of a SANYO PLV-Z2 projector and approx. a 200' screen (not sure the brand) which displays AWESOME!

So, I'd like to know what you would recommend for this type of room (11 x 16). Would the Sanyo be a good one to buy and what size of screen would you recommend for the room?

I also was seeing good reviews on Sony Cineza VPL-HS20 LCD Projector but seems pricey...

I'd also like to get comments on what to buy for surround sound spearkers. I currently have accoustic side speakers (large ones).

- Recommendation on a receiver. I have a Hitachi DVD.

As far as a remote, I have the Marantz RC5200 which I plan to use for all devices and lighting...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Corey

Hosting Services by ipHouse