Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday August 1, 2004 at 12:37
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 08/01/04 02:12, mjamison22 said...
Good luck finding another universal remote. Besides
the pronto I think you would jump up to a pronto
pro at about 1k. I actually like the Pronto pros.

I do, too. I have done a couple; one is a house with three interconnected systems, lighting control, dual plasmas in the living room with independent control of each, house speaker volume control ON THE PRONTO ( ! ).

I preferred the Marantzes hugely after programming my first 5200 for two reasons: the cursor pad is hard buttons, so one less screen is needed and that is always available, and BACK so totally simplifies going off to ancillary functions such as surround adjust. With a Marantz, one surround adjust screen is all you need, and if you change it, the whole remote is updated. With the Pronto, you need a surround adjust for each component, and you have to change each one to make one change in the screen.

However, as I have said before, the New Generation remotes put the "F" back into "NG." You would think a company would avoid a name that means "no good." I remember someone at NASA commenting on the Hubble telescope that people should avoid projects where the name rhymes with "trouble...."
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse