Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday August 1, 2004 at 00:40
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Yes, it's me.

I was basically given this TV and told it was what was going in. This client is the classic one with enough money for the great control system, but who would rather just fuss with the remotes.

A button combination would have indeed worked, because while they are not gearheads, they have mastered everything they have asked for...everything we have supplied.

This time we pushed the envelope by getting them a Pioneer combo HD and DVDR. Why? She likes to tape soap operas, about six hours of them, every night, then watch them the next day. She has hundreds of tapes! I think when they get over the hurdle of figuring out how to do it with the HD, and it finally gets filled up, she will realize that she doesn't want to record any of them to DVD, just play them once or twice.

Also, I am DONE with Prontos and Marantz remotes for now. I found the NG software impossible to work with when I could not get the remote to learn a few Sony DVD codes...and it would modify them till they did not work when I copied and pasted them. Everybody says there are problems, but nobody says "here's your solution." Thus I cannot promise to program one, so I can hardly price it!

Yes, I am going to look into other remotes. At this point, the most interesting thing I have heard is modom's challenge...what the heck are you talking about?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse