Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 07/28/04 20:05, analog said...
I hate to point out the obvious, and as much as
I think forums are more of a misinformational
waste of time, I find I need to point out one
obvious observation.

Gee, since you think that, I am sorry for you that you finally got sucked into POSTING ONE TIME. I guess since you have had nothing to offer in the past, you joining might have been a misinformational waste of time for us.

But then you feel you have to point out something obvious? I agree, it is obvious! That is why, in my opinion, the original post asked for a RANGE. Wouldn't you think a range might cover VARIATIONS such as the ones you mention?

Gee, now I feel bad for us, too, that you finally contributed.

I asked about how one makes combo high voltage and low voltage boxes:

On 07/28/04 21:35, oex said...
2 ways - First leviton makes metal rings that
nails over a 1 or 2 gang box. you can take a
single hi volt and make it a 2 or 3 gang leaving
plenty of low voltage openings (comport)

This sounds like something you do after the electrician is finished, right? Indeed a great idea.

Second way is carlon makes a box that is designed
as a single gang hi volt with a single gang low
volt. they work like a charm.

There would be quite a hassle on most of the projects where I could apply this because I am not also the electrician, and the electrician has quoted a price, supplied product, and wants to just plain do it. How do you go about changing the electrician's prices and procedures so these boxes are used, but the homeowner does not pay twice and you don't have to change what the electrician has put in?

This message was edited by Ernie Bornn-Gilman on 07/29/04 09:36.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse