The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday August 19, 2004 at 00:49
mjj
Lurking Member
September 2003
Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit on the Request stuff.

I am into computers. I know it is not if a Hard drive will crash it is when it will crash. But come on....Not even a year and the Hard Drive takes a crap. That really sucks...

It just really bums me out when you have an issue with a big client. We use the Richard Gray power conditioners on all of our racks. I hear the Richard Gray stuff is really good.(it should be for what it costs) The only issue with that one client that I can think of is that maybe they are having power failures. Maybe Request had a bad software update. Maybe it is my bad luck. I really don't know that. All I know is that the ARQ stuff really integrates really good in with the Crestron panels. The 2 way feedback stuff is really cool and maybe I am not in that big of a hurry to re-invent the wheel.

I will say that the new Requset DVD server stuff really scares me with the external video swiching and controlling of external Sony Changers. I am not in any hurry to try this out on any of my clients any time soon.

I will say that I wiil agree that Request has probably one of the best customer service departments I have delt with.

I have come to the conclusion that I think maybe we need to spec an external Hard Drive for each Client and back their library up in case their drives crash. Or maybe you really stick it to the client and sell them on the zoneable request setups that are outragiously expensive but they mirror each other in case the other one crashes you have a backup.

Thanks for the input....I really appreciate it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse