The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday July 5, 2004 at 23:52
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
Please dont put Elan in the same sentence with Creston and AMX. They dot begin to compare. When your touchpanels selections are ONE, and your interface design is propretary off the shelf graphix, its really not a control system.. Its a glorified remote control.

The other thing I wanted to say is this... About 2 years ago, I put a lot of support into "The future of IP control is here today and it is Xplore"!!!!!!!! I worked clodesly with them, pushed the product, loved the product, and even installed a couple systems.

But when it came down to integration, programmings, and maintinence, there was a lot to be desired. SUre I could program the user interface design in Flash, but the integration into the control box was very hush hush for some reason and therefore I could NOT go in and make minor revisions to IR drivers, Conditional events, or logic. This was unacceptable to me, and today, Xpore is gone....(No, I'm NOT saying I had anything to do with that part of it.... But I would gather I'm not the only one who wanted more control of my programming)

I havent seen much change on the COnsumer side of the industry over the past 2 years in regards to IP integration. The only thing we really have that utilizes IP are Music Servers. Integra/Onkyo have an ethernet port that doesn not support control of the Receiver.... B&K has an ethernet shaped RS232 port.... Sony Has Ethernet on their $30k Qualia 004 Projector and thats about it.......

The AMX systems I'm installing today play very nicely with IP Control, with the products available today,and the stuff that will cme along tomorrow no doubt. and I plan on sticking with this tried and proven technology until someone proves to me that I cant do something I need to do.

Hosting Services by ipHouse