The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday September 10, 2004 at 13:02
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I remember reading on this site that Prontos were first introduced with no fanfare at all, and sort of caught on due to hobbyist interest. Philips are just totally DUMB about this, and apparently always have been. Universal, on the other hand, is very smart, and is capturing market share in all price points. They actually have profits from sales through your local drugstore chain that helps them have a presence on the phone and at CES or CEDIA. How many posts could start with, "If Philips were smart....?"

On 09/08/04 10:08 ET, BobL said...
Call HTM and the phone is answered by a human,
which then transfers you to tech support.

Let's please remember, when we so rarely get to talk to people, that it is people WHO, not people WHICH. Unless, of course, they are the undead, but then they really don't qualify as people, do they?

Finally, talk
to someone which tries to read the answers to
your guestions off of a FAQ computer screen.

At least you are equal-opportunity about referring to people as things. Donkeys, businesses, mortgages, are "which," but even idiots are "who." (I am NOT calling you an idiot, just pointing out the fact that idiots are human, so deserve a "who." I keep hearing advertisements where people are referred to as "which" and "that," and I am trying to get people to talk about people as people.)
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse