Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Wednesday September 15, 2004 at 21:10
oex
April 2004
I saw your photos and have a few comments.
First, very impressive that you went and looked at the job, quoted the job, got the material and equipment delivered and did all that in the first day. Good going. 24 hours given what was done, as I had previously said, is about right for the RAW install. Customer won't ever call back for retraining even though it's pretty simple? Never have a defective piece? Never have RF problems? What if the MX-800 was VER1.0? Would the labor have been the same? Did you use URC stock emmitters? How about when the fall off? Was any of that factored in? I wonder.

You obviously missed the point of my post. I see from the photos what you did. Your time is appropriate for what was done. Certainly, there was an attic above or crawl below. Most of my installs are in 3 story buildings, NO ATTIC and ALL walls insulated - yes even the interiors and ceilings within the thermal envelope. Most of my installs are either remote located or stealthfully hidden in cabinets with Middle Atlantic racks. Exposed equipment racks such as that, I cover ALL wires in black braided sleeving to create umblicals to each component. Very time consuming but worth it in the end. Hence my apprehension to say it was doable in 40 hours.

Your remote equipment which was directly behind the set doesn't count as "remote." IMHO.

I am not however taking anything away from your install. It looks fine. I would have, given the money spent, demanded a better looking cabinet instead of a plain shelf. I damn sure would have found a closet somewhere to hide the HD boxes. It would have made the wall look great.

Am I wrong with this? Don't take this as a flame.
Diplomacy is the art of saying hire a pro without actually saying hire a pro

Hosting Services by ipHouse