Post 27 made on Wednesday September 15, 2004 at 11:07
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 09/14/04 06:15 ET, RHT said...
Man, I have never heard more stupid whining and
bitching from a bunch of pro's. The "control"
is an MX-800 as listed in my post,

I don't happen to use them, but can't MX-800s be set up to use IR or RF, making it a perfectly valid question to ask which method you intended to use?

I also said that i realize
there are a lot of variables not listed, however,
i was just looking for a guesstimate to check
my own installation speed. Nice to know if im
installing at the right pace. by the way the job
took 24 man hours. All of your replies were worthless,
and in my opinion said to toot your own horns.

I personally do not understand how you could do this job, alone, in 24 hours...your later post detailing the time does not mention that anybody helped. I don't like hanging plasmas all by myself. Anything above, well, actually, even a 42 is just a bit more than I want to handle, from the front, snagging onto a mount by myself. Are you sure maybe you didn't leave out a detail, as you did in your initial description of the job?

You are installing at the right pace if you continue to sell jobs quoted at prices based on your pace. Also, if your pace needs to be slowed to avoid mistakes, it is too fast.

I looked back at the responses to your post, and I do not see anyone tooting their own horns. I see people who are looking realistically at the small amount of information that you provided, who are not willing to guess at what you did not include. Remember, when you make this list, that you have a mental picture of the entire job and the site, so your undetailed list means way more to you than it does to any of us.

For instance, here in Southern California, we have houses with crawl spaces below them and nice roomy attics. We also have houses on slabs with flat roofs where ceiling/roof joists (sometimes they ARE the same!) have to be drilled through, successively, to run wires...after you have gone up the wall, through the top plate and snagged yourself into the joist space. This one variable would drastically change the wiring cost. What were the details you included in your description of the site to show how we could estimate what we would be up against?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse