Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday September 17, 2004 at 12:17
JOHNDR
Lurking Member
September 2004
Hi Fred, Thks for the info,

The 686-10 looks like it might well do the business, I have a few questions about the installation/set up. Forgive my egorance if these questions seem obvious.

1. You say connect the tip of the mini plug to the signal
Q. What is the signal terminal on the 686-10, is it the IR "in" terminal?

2. You also say connect the ring to the ground,
Q. which ground? does it matter? there are two shown in the installation manual picture for the 686-10, is it the ground nearest to the IR "in" terminal?

3. Do you know of any dealers in the U.K. that deal in xantech products?

4. Do you know of any learning remote controls that have a small number of buttons? I am thinking that in the Dinning Room situtation that Imay only want to turn the speakers on/off. The main functions of the amp could still be carried out using the original Kenwood remote control which sits in the Dinning Room all the time.

5. Have you any idea what the 686-10 and the the R68 programmer retail for the states. (Just to compare price in the U.K.)

I have a mini emitter connected to the poweramid that controls the amp, I was thinking of putting a mini 2 way plug and connecting the emitter plug to one connection and the wire to controle the the speaker switcher to the other. This should work o.k.

This message was edited by JOHNDR on 09/17/04 12:27 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse