The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Saturday September 18, 2004 at 11:43
oex
April 2004
Audible.
The problem with our industry is we, speaking as our group, are trained to SELL SELL SELL. We don't listen to our clients needs. The key is to listen to their needs and provide a solution to the needs. I just walked away with a $35,000 job yesterday because I listened. The other guy didn't listen and ran th cost over $200K. Unfortunately, not all the jobs need to be Ultra Techno. I find very few of my clients want full lighting control and home control. It is usually the architect trying to show off for their clients.
In my territory, which is less than 10 square miles, there are probably 20+ homes with $300K automation systems in them. I haven't seen one yet that was reliable. I have seen MANY put in the trash and settled in court. I am confident that the failure lies with both the installers and the very poor quality electric on our island. It's very unfortunate for our industry. I wish, we as group, could get it together.
All I can say, the secret to survival is SERVICE. Sell yourself not your product. Your clients won't allow you to fail. They will be your best advertisement and future leads.
Sorry for the rant!
Diplomacy is the art of saying hire a pro without actually saying hire a pro

Hosting Services by ipHouse