Original thread:
Post 40 made on Tuesday September 7, 2004 at 10:14
Trunk-Slammer -Supreme
Loyal Member
November 2003
It won't work, but with all due respect, that's
like saying "why should I vote. My vote doesn't
count"

Boy, let's NOT open THAT particular can of worms....

There was a time when nobody ever heard of Directv,
home theater or in-wall speakers. Now they're
household names. All of those products were originally
sold and brought to market by specialty retailers.
The manufacturers do need people like us and
they need us in a big way.

Until such time that "they" (the suits, bean counters or who?) determine that we're no longer needed to support the product.

Witness DirecTV dropping thousands of small dealers, which by the way saved DirecTV thousand of dollars in commissions.

Or Beam (of central vacuums), who terminated ALL the independant reps after the reps built the line, thereby saving themselves a huge amount of commission dollars.

Sorry, these companies don't NEED us. At least not after we, or the reps, do the work getting the product market recognition.

Now when talking of product recognition.

When you talk of Creston, AMX, (even Lutron) and so may others, you need to bear in mind that these are far from household names. Ask the average person if they have heard of the line, and you'll most likely get a "huh?".

Of course ZON is far from a household name too, so I have no idea just what the he** they are thinking that putting the product on the net will do to help them.

Maybe sales were just so bad that some suit, or beancounter, decided it was time to take a shot at some other method of moving the line?

Hosting Services by ipHouse