Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Monday September 20, 2004 at 14:06
Jason Walter
Founding Member
August 2001
I appreciate the many responses.
Let me mention that I have been in business for 5 years and the business is doing very well. I have just about all of the high end custom builders on my side. I recently got a project from the last custom builder who builds 1mill + sized projects.
My employees are highly skilled and paid well.

I also got involved in a large condo project. We are upfitting the model in return for being offered as an option. The model is not completed and the units are being presold. We have contracts with almost half of the presold units. Thats what gave me the idea for CHEAP, not free prewiring. There are several other attached projects as well as $250K and up homes which the builders won't offer our products.
Those are what I want to get into. When I mentioned free I was thinking of some way to offer the free wiring, if we do the trim out, great, if the homeowners want to go elsewhere then they have to buy the drawings with measurements from us.
I realize that doesn't sound tempting to the builders because now they really can't advertise that they prewire, since they owners have to buy the measurements.

But that's what I'm looking for, a way to get into those projects. I feel that these people, $250K and up would come to us for the trimout. Our demographic in this town are retirees building their last home. I think they appreciate service and would be willing to pay for it. I'm staying away from the first time home buyers, as they would most likely go to best or circuit.

Does that change any thoughts?
Thanks again,
Jason

Hosting Services by ipHouse