Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday September 21, 2004 at 09:28
Springs
May 2002
Had Pagemart years ago. They were brought into Bell South at some point. Very solid Pager Coverage.

Moved a BlackBerry from RCN. THIS THING WAS COOL! Got my email wherever whenever and allowed me to do some web tings via send receive emails. Coverage was from Bell South and it was amazing around the DC area. Used it all the time to write out dailys and put and end to the I TOLD you crap. Ohh yeah, I have a copy of the email right here! Bell South morphed into Cingular.

Got a SideKick from T-Mobile. All the features of teh blackberry.. PLUS: AIM, WEB BROWSING, and a Phone. Ohh now this ting was great. I could do a ton of stuff with this... ERRRRR CRASH. COVERAGE, the damn thing just about never worked. The device itself was the easiest to work with in that I could do so much with it. The biggest issue was the coverage. T-Mobile had more "fringe" area in my area then Solid by a wide margin. I would constantly miss calls and not get VM indicators for hours.

Met a Nextel Rep at a jobsite and got to talking. Had been looking at Nextel and spent way too much time researching it. He hooked me up with a demo phone...

Well that was a year ago and my phone works... everywhere but at my girlfriends house. I mean everywhere. My friends who are on the VZ are pissed when my phone works where theres doesn't also I do not have many dropped calls. I mean if I am in the middle of nowhere driving up and down hill sin teh woods you expect it to drop. But I am surprised how many places it works where I am.

The biggest reason for me to go to Nextel was FREE INCOMMING CALLS REGARDLESS OF WHO CALLS YOU OR FROM WHAT NETWORK. Being in INtegrations and tech... I use thousands of PEAK minutes a month. Bill you ask $65. I almost never touch a land line phone anymore and can come and go as I please.

The upside for my boss and my customers... I am REALLY MOTIVATED to answer when you call. As I am not looking to pay extra to call people back.

Direct Connect. Shoot I prefer it to phone calls most of the time. Cell to cell calling often introduces so many delays that you really notice the time delay beween when you may talk and be heard. DC... hear a beep and its your turn.

Volleyball team mate overe sleeps before the tournament... he may sleep through a phoone ringer but there is some sort of catharsis about yelling into the phone... "ROLL OFF THAT DIRTY SCANK YOU TOOK HOME AND GET TO THE GYM NOW!" Frank always wakes up when I do that. :)

But for work. Coverage. Pricing. FREE INCOMMING CALLS!

So it doesn't work at my girlfreinds home... neither does her sister or loser brother inlaw.

My father has a BLackberry from Verizon. Its sound quality is not the best but he has all the features i liked of the sidekcik and coverage. Unfortunatly it sounds like crap when I talk to him and he is doing anything but holding perfectly still.

His Phonje he had just before the BlackBerry dropped calls all the time and he was unintelligable.

Hosting Services by ipHouse