The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday October 3, 2004 at 15:33
Barry Shaw
Founding Member
June 2001
On 10/03/04 16:44 ET, Theaterworks said...
I guess I won that one, but I'm guessing I was
far from alone. :-) We've finished our driver
to display volume levels, etc. on a Crestron touchpanel.
Lotsa work, but it is nice.

So do you *replace* all the CK1.2's or leave them in place and add the Crestron functionality on your Crestron panels with B&K?

Do you have to poll B&K constantly or just "as needed"? Volume ramping works OK now? Can you set an absolute level? Just how slick is the integration... is it so good it ends looking like a PAD8 like Brijaws said?

Just to prove my ignorance of B&K, since i haven't opened up the manuals or software yet:

* Is the RS-232 used only to program and communicate with CT's, or can the CT control RS-232 source equipment, lighting systems, etc.?

* Can you program the CK1.2's from the central CT, or do you need to load them individually at each keypad?

* The literature mentions "doorbell" events. Anybody using it to mute audio or trigger chimes? Any rough-in/prewire advice here?

* Ganging 2nd & 3rd CT's for zones 7-18 looks like kind of a kluge from the little I have read. Is it better than it looks?

PennyG - I'm half-joking about MA, but I prefer rackmount equipment over an RSH if I get a choice. Just surprised to run into the oddball rack spacing.

Barry
"Crestron's way better than AMX."

Hosting Services by ipHouse