The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday October 5, 2004 at 18:48
pagrossman
Lurking Member
September 2004
I had the opportunity to price out a retrofit/replacement of a Westec System that ended up under an ADT service agreement. Given the configured status of the old system (3 keypads, 2 motion sensors, 1 Smoke detector and misc screens) and the addition of more motion and smoke detectors, we were able to compete head on with the quote ADT provided. ADT's systems if configured to the specification of the client (builder or homeowner) will be close to yours.

The differnence is the fact the an entry door and motion sensor system is acceptable by ADT standards, and probably by most unacustomed (uneducated/uncaring) tract production builders. The other real problem with the ADT basic system is the homeowner that has never had a security system in the past or is too cheap to spend the money (and maybe sorry for it later) on your expert designed system. With market saturation and crime rates, I believe the latter situation lessens each year.

Needless to say I would not give up on the pre-wiring for a security panel, even if it is just that - a pre-wiring. Pay attention to what the ADT's and others are doing and follow local or AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) codes regarding the wiring. By The Way - ADT will in most cases pickup a contract that you offer to them as long as the job is of a quality they can service. It is also recommended by several trade associations that the security panels location be as close to the Distribution Panel as possible. This is a customer benefit in the long run if ADT or the others lose the contract later on and your company (who is providing a great AV or network experience) can pickup the contract. It does happen.

As far as I can tell the fat lady is not even in the building..

Hosting Services by ipHouse