The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday October 8, 2004 at 11:31
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Since a binding post is about the quickest and easiest, I am a bit at a loss as to what to suggest.

Radio Shack has several sizes of white nylon termninal strips -- I first saw them in Europe, surface mounted and actually exposed (in an attic), to extend 220V power runs. I use these all the time. I think they come in a size with 12 terminals, and this is what I buy. The largest terminal size will hold two 14 gauge wires, although not easily, but with the two sides, I can go from one wire to three others. And take it apart for troubleshooting later, if needed.

These nylon things have little holes between the terminal sets. I have found a long #4 wood screw at Home Depot that mounts these very nicely.

The spiffiest, I think, is still the the old old bakelite barrier strip, the black things with the screws. Get spade lugs and crimp them onto the wires. They have two screw holes at each end.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse