Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday October 11, 2004 at 15:44
juliejacobson
CE Pro Magazine
April 2003
On 10/09/04 16:55 ET, vwpower44 said...
I really liked the Matrix Audio Designs Amp/Controller/Keypad
system.

Mike--do you have a specific model? The MRC 8e was named in 2002. Is there something sufficiently new/different from Matrix that would warrant inclusion in 2004? In 2003

Here's an old draft version of 2002 listing:

Manufacturers of Cat 5 audio-distribution systems like to promote their products as perfect for retrofit applications. But no one ran Cat 5 cable to speaker locations in the olden days. Technology pioneers, however, may have run speaker wire. For them, Matrix Audio offers the MRC-8e, the only system that distributes both audio and control data over the same speaker wire.

Integrators program the four-source/eight-zone system via buttons hidden beneath a removable front panel. The system features power synching, trigger I/Os and an RS-232 port for interfacing with third-party controllers.
“I just started installing this unit,” says one dealer who asked not to be identified. I could not believe that a controller would work with just speaker wire, and [generate] no noise. I am now able to recomend a multizone/source system to a customer that already has volume controls installed. I have never been able to offer this type of system before without rewiring the house.”
MSRP for the MRC-8e is approximately $3,700.
"CEPro: your website sucks!" - Fins
www.cepro.com
[Link: twitter.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse