The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday October 11, 2004 at 22:26
Trunk-Slammer -Supreme
Loyal Member
November 2003
On 10/11/04 21:37 ET, Ernie Bornn-Gilman said...
I have one suggestion for you. Since you can
edit this thread, open it up to edit and change
the name of the thread to something that in some
even sort of maybe vague way gives the tiniest
scintilla of a hint to the person looking at the
thread index just what the heck your question
might be about.

Just a little too, too picky there Ernie. I saw the post and had a pretty good idea of what the question was about. No need to repost with a reformat of the question in my mind.

Now then, in regards to the question.

I've done this LCD inwall deal.

I first had the framer set the studs so as to allow for the sheetrock to wrap back into the cavity, and add a top and bottom purlin which boxed in the opening. This rough framing was sized to allow for a 1/2" free space all around the display, after the sheetrock was wrapped back into the cavity.

I then made a custom mount out of metal "strip" stock, that spanned from stud to stud in the wall cavity. One piece mounted to the display, and the other mounted to the studs, in such a way that the display was simply slid down into a locked position. That effectively took care of the mounting issue.

This unit has been in position for about 2 years, and has been working just fine. Heat doesn't seem to be an issue.

For what it's worth, I would have rather had more room around the unit. But, that's only if a replacement was needed, and dimensions might have changed (requiring a tad more room).

Hosting Services by ipHouse