The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday October 18, 2004 at 14:58
pkwjr
Lurking Member
August 2004
While I am trying to figure out what the problem is, Comcast guy shows about an hour ago up just to follow up on the VOIP install.

So you know what I have here it is. VOIP modem, basically just like the Comcast HSI/Cable modem and they sit right next to each other. Have a Sony HTIB with combo VCR/DVD player. Moto 6208 PVR is the STB. TV is Sony 32HS420 which is an HD set. HSI with Comcast too.

The SBC phone lines the Comcast guy cut were just outside a basement window which started this problem. So today the Comcst guy brings in some type of device that responds to line bleeding and finds a problem where the line comes into the house. We start unhooking cables and find the one that goes into the STB is causing the problem. Unplug it and religious station stops. Plug back in, hear some more preaching. Change the cable out, no more problem. Funny that all of this started with the Comcast guy cutting the line last week. Guess that line was working as some type of ground.

Skybird, my comment was sort of tongue in cheek, I probably would have responded the same way you did, but I was getting frustrated with this since I work in radio and could not figure out the problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse