Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday October 12, 2004 at 10:39
bcf1963
September 2004
On 10/12/04 00:22 ET, ken@flatwire said...
I'm the US Distributor for Decorp Flatwire. Please
don't confuse with other flat wires on the market.
They just don't compare to our product.
Video lines include Component, SVHS, Composite
and Coaxial.

We are going to produce Cat-6 to start and it's
specked to 1 gig per pair.

Please ask any questions you want and I will rerpond
with the answer.

Ken Login
Flat wire Solutions
2335 Hillstone Ave
Henderson, NV 89052

Ken,

It would be more helpful to give us some real data. There are so many cable companies out there selling snake oil. I've been to your website and find real data to be lacking there as well.

It looks like your products aimed at 75ohm characteristic impedance are based on design of a stripline. This is good news as your cables should present a good impedance match. I would think the real "trick" will be keeping the 75ohm impedance constant over the transition from flatwire to connector! How about showing us some data. Screen shots of your product and a well manufactured component video cable, both attached to a Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) would be definitive proof of your products ability.

Seems like if your products are really good, you'll want to do this. Then again... if the connector designs are not very good, and don't really pass the above tests... you won't want to show us the data. So, if I don't see the data, I know what conclusion I'll come to.

By the way, I'm in the market to use a product such as yours in the next month or so. As a result I'd like to see these results before I were to buy.

In addition, Is there a reason you don't promote your product for use under carpet? This seems like a natural application. Is the abrasion resistance or some other aspect not acceptable to meet UL standards if used under carpet?

This message was edited by bcf1963 on 10/12/04 10:59 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse