The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 16, 2004 at 15:43
RWI
Founding Member
December 2001
Hi, I have an equipment rack in my basement (main theatre room) I have 2 dishnetwork PVR receivers in this rack. I run the rf outputs into to a mitsubishi vcr that has multiple ant inputs, then split the outputs to three other rooms in my house so that I can watch the dish pvrs from anywhere. I have an MX-3000 remote with base station to control the vcr and 2 dish box's but I am tired of carrying the remote with me. I have considered the mx-850 for the other rooms but cost is a little steep for 3 rooms. I know that I could go with lesser remotes but I really do like pc programmable remotes. I am considering ir distribution as I have cat 5 to all these locations.

I am using the front blaster of the mx-250 base station with good results as I hate the look of stick on emitters. What would the pro's here recommend as far as equipment, is there an ir system that uses a blaster like the mx-250 or would I have to go with emitters? If I do have to go for emitters how will that effect my MX-250? Is there any brands or models that would be better than others for my application?

Thanks, Russ

Hosting Services by ipHouse