The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday October 31, 2004 at 17:40
PennyG
Long Time Member
March 2004
The interesting thing about wiring a new home "for the future" is that the future is here. If you consider the recommendations of CEA's Tech Home Division, you would run to every room two CAT5E and two RG6. This is considered the medium level of structured wiring. If you wish to share any source, audio or video, from one room to another, even this is not enough. So now we consider running smurf tube to every room. Are you going to run it to the same location as the wall plates that terminate your structured wiring? If you are running it to an outside wall in Florida, you will find that the largest tube you can fit in the outside wall is 3/4" tubing. It would work fine to run an extra CAT5 or speaker wire, but it would never allow many of the current cables we use and their larger termination ends.

I guess my point here is that many of us already distribute video and audio in our homes with a simple splitter in our attic pushing cable to jacks throughout our homes. The difference is that our sources are offering much better quality in both sound and picture and our speakers and television monifors and computers placed throughout our living space can take advantage of them. In my opinion, communication options will be ever increasing and not even the poorest Americans will be without distributed audio and VIDEO.

Hosting Services by ipHouse