Long Time Member
October 2004
On 11/14/04 02:25 ET, rhm9 said...
Who uses the MX3000 RF package... still haven't
given it a fair shake yet but we do have the remote
here to play with... it has to be more reliable
than the terrible joke that a Philips RFX6000
is.

We've used Universal Remote Control for some time now. We gave up on the MX-800 because the RF gave us too much trouble. The MX-700 is great and the programming is easy. The new models set for shipping in 1st Q '05 (I think) are VERY powerful. The programming is mostly the same with a few neat additions. The IR database is constantly being updated, and tech support is good. We've used Sonance, Xantech, and Audioplex IR systems - all with their share of problems, especially with Plasmas. Niles has a new plasma proof IR receiver (MS200) which we've used a few times and has been successful so far. The true test will come Thursday when we put the thing on a 63" plasma (and I mean ON it). It also comes in black, white, and silver, and the silver matches Fujitsu plasmas almost perfectly.

Although we've had problems with URC's RF systems, it looks like the newer ones for the MX-3000 might have worked out the problems. In fact, they've got some pretty cool stuff coming out for RF control. We just ordered our MX-3000 to test, but I went to training on it and it looks very solid. We were excited to get one in to test (and hopefully get rid of Prontos for good).
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

Hosting Services by ipHouse