Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday November 11, 2004 at 11:28
mr2channel
Select Member
August 2002
OK rhm9,

I have had issues in the past and this is where I would suggest starting.

1) test each of the components with the origional factory remote to make sure all commands work properly

2)hook up the IR system

3) repeat #1

3A) if all works then you now know the IR system and remotes work properly.

3B)If all does not work properly then you may have issues with too much IR information going into components "flooding" them out(coming from the emitters) so they do not respond, or the IR receiver is being bombarded with IR from sunlight, flourcents lighting, halogen lighting blocking the transmission to the connecting block, or just have a defective part in the IR system (I prefer Xantech and have never had any real issues other that the ones that vwpower44 spoke about in the above post). When given the chance always use the mini plug IR inputs on gear, just less chance of the emitter falling off, getting pulled off, and getting that "my stuff don't work" call on Friday @ 4:20 in the afternoon when you are ready to enjoy your weekend.

4) lets assume that you fixed any and all IR system issues at this point, if not go back and fix them.

5) Now we know the IR system works as it should and the components respond as they should, so from here you can test the universal remote that you have programmed with all the necessary macros, punch throughs, and short cuts.

6A) Everything works perfect, customer is happy, you get the check and go home happy.

6B) The universal remote does not respond as it should, check your basic programming first to make sure your core device commands work properly, if they don't, then fix problems, if they do then you know you have a macro/punch through/shortcut problem somewhere, find it and fix it. Most of the time if you have gotten this far, it could be as simple as needing to add delays in your macro.

good luck
What part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." do you not understand?

Hosting Services by ipHouse