Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday November 11, 2004 at 11:20
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
Lutron Dimmers???

Yeah, almost every home has a few... I was unaware they emit IR or cause interference. If thats the case what have you done to rectify problems?

Factory remotes in all cases have been hidden and that wouldn't explain the intermittent nature when they are gone. Should I look harder at RTI?

I am ordering a few of Xantechs MAC1 to try out for macros but the commands that are killing me are mostly single (the MAC1s are mainly to stop the ridiculous "hold the Pronto at the TV screen for 4 seconds" instructions I've had to give to execute macros).

I have fixed a few by ordering Audioplex IR Stations with Adjustible IR Bugs. WARNING!!! I plugged one of the adjustables into a Xantech Connecting Block and blew it up somehow... compatibility seems to be a problem.

Let me change this up slightly. We have been selling Prontos for years and have a very nice library and system of programming them. Lately they have been so unreliable that we are ready to switch to something else. I am so convinced that the control system is what sets us apart that when it doesn't work reliably it kills me. The hardest thing is convincing a client of this and when you finally get the money out of it they surely expect it to wow the snot out of them. I have been looking hard at Destiny Networks and potentially Control4. What else are you all using that is more robust? What are the average retail costs of your Control Systems. Since we sell Integra and Dwin we'd like to use RS232 codes that get to a code spitter some other way.

Thanks for the replies!

Lets see what we can share here that might help us all.

Hosting Services by ipHouse