Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 10, 2004 at 23:34
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
Alright...

I've been posting here quite awhile... guess I consider myself a pro but lately i feel like a trunkslamming newbie getting brutally beaten up by s----y IR performance on multiple systems... something like 8 of the last 10. The simplest thing is keeping me from staisfying customers and collecting final checks.

I'm beginning to wonder if I am radioactive or something! Whats been happening is some component in the systems (not always the same one) will perform beautifully... all codes working... then 1 hour later be completely unreliable. Come back after a while and voila'.... all working again. WTF????????????????????

I've tried Xantech, Audioplex, Speakercraft, Pronto or MX3000 RF, etc. etc.. Some systems are with Plasmas and have stealth IR systems... some are projectors or Toshiba HD Tubes. One system has everything but a McIntosh DVD working and the DVD will barely respond to the Pronto but will respond to its own remote. In another, I've got a Cable Box (Motorola) that will perform the same way (perfect or crap...depending on its mood I guess) with either its factory remote or a Pronto.

Anyway... I'm fastly pulling out all of my hair and expect to be bald soon. Have any of you gone throuhg such a streak and if so what in the heck have you done to rectify it. The wierdest thing is that I have literally hundreds of perfectly working little Xantech Dinky Link systems out there...even with Plasmas that are working fine... the problems are all as of late (hence the reason I thought I might have taken some radiation or something). We usually CAT5e as wiring but have already replaced it with shielded stuff in a few of these and it hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Hosting Services by ipHouse