Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday November 15, 2004 at 09:39
GotGame
February 2002
I am going to take a guess here and say that the broken keypads are either the DMS or IMS keypads. Many homeowners and painters pulled the keypad faces off when repainting the room. If the keypads were powered up at the time, it can damage the keypad.
Used keypads show up all the time on Ebay. I am sure I still have some on the shelf in the warehouse.
Try and post ALL of the system components in your next post, including all the cards in the cardframe of the cf-10. We can then give you more information.
Does the The CF-10 main controller have a computer plugged into it? Some systems ran from a computer and others from the programming dumped into the master card. You can do a read on the system software with the PHAST program running on your computer, but you will not gather all the info. Depending on the complexity of the system, this may not be worth doing (repairing).
1. See if you can find a PHAST dealer to help you. Both of you would be paid from the homeowner to estimate repair costs.
2. After evaluating the original functions, find out if there are features that would need to be added or removed. This info should come directly from the user in the home. Now, see if you can duplicate these features with a Crestron, AMX, Speakercraft, VANTAGE, or Lutron system. Get a estimate of this equipment cost to the homeowner.

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Hosting Services by ipHouse