Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Saturday December 11, 2004 at 14:46
Audible Solutionns
March 2004
I also have a family with 2 children with whom I spend too little time due to my chosen profession and manufacturers who make conducting it difficult. The irony here is that ericstac had traced the problem back to the cable box only he did not know that was significant. Fine. We all need a little help now and then.

But to provide a reponse that essentially states that I am not an electrician but a home theater designer and therefore have no clue why something works or why I am suggesting others to use it is......unfortunate. I am hardly the sharpest tool in the shed. Just ask THON. So I use time in place of native intelligence. The information is out there if one cares to amass it. The fact is that we are in business that requres us to know a little about a lot of systems. from networking to electrical to RF, to acoutics. Since this is our profession should we not become competant at it? Or are we to become little different than our electrical brethern and no little about anything. Basic curiousity over time would have led me to look at the specs for that Leviton piece. I am programming now ( taking a break ) but some time this weekend I will visit Leviton and see what the specifications are. Trouble shooting ground loops requires time, patience and some organization. You do not need to be very knowledgable about much of anything to solve it. Yes, even an electrician could do it--and since he is usually the source of the problem it should be his problem to fix. NOT!

I hold everyone to the same standard I hold myself. If I can learn it anyone can. No one is designing circuitry or solving for x.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse