The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Monday December 13, 2004 at 02:28
tsvisser
Founding Member
March 2002
Anthony's requirements did not seem to be anything that some of the smaller salons could not handle. Sure, not every shop is set up to do projects like the HEDs and AVCs of the world (I did limit the list to Manahattan shops, and one should not dismiss the surrounding areas' outfits).

These companies, operating in Manhattan, do have unique biz requirements that other rez companies do not have in the rest of the country. Yes some of them have quirks, but many have been around for 15+ years. Some of them have pioneered the CI biz before people knew about the term.

An individual can be attractive, especially in price compared to a larger company. AND... in knowledge and experience... or more importantly, how much attention that is given to a project. I do think that you can get the same expertise and attention if you are dealing with the right people in the company. Many of the salespeople move boxes, because quite frankly, that is how some companies stay alive when they have to do $x million in sales just to pay their rent and salaries. I think that a customer could find a very competent independent and have a great experience with him. The chances are not very high for this to be so for the typical client doing the same thing... Anthony's chances are much greater given that he has asked for help in this particular forum.

There are some great techs and real custom install personel with these companies. It is a disservice to their talents, abilities, and in some cases 12+ years of experience to conclude that none of them can do the job at hand. Use the right tool for the job... the parallel being here that you should hire the right talent for the request. Anthony's system appears to be large enough to warrant either a small company or independent with solid experience AND resources... but too small to throw to a hard core integration house. I don't remember hearing automation or Crestron in the original description.

P.S. I've written enough departmental memorandums bitching about Cresnet block wiring that I think that they have the idea by now.
[Link: imdb.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse