Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday December 12, 2004 at 12:40
Audible Solutionns
March 2004
Not long ago AVDUDE posted a link showing that 3 of the top 10 ( in dollar amounts ) custom AV firms to be located in NY. How anyone could recommend a audiophile salon for custom work is beyond comprehension. In my life I have worked for some of the names mentioned and I can testify that they know as much about custom as I do about writing code in Netron C--which in case I am being too cute is absolutely nothing.

Do they have custom departments? NO!!! They have people who install the equipment they sell. They know as much about Crestron as Tom [sorry] tells them and without his help they would not be able to wire a Cresnet terminal block. Their purpose is to help sell boxes not provide custom solutions. There are a ton of really good small and large custom shops in the New York area. Chosing a large stereo salon to provide custom solutions is to ask for trouble. Want some small audio/videophile equipment poorly setup ( like one shop does Merridian ) then go to these perveyers of boxes. The only difference between Tweeter and these salons is size and the number of cities they are in. And I apologize to Tweeter's custom department who I am certain is superior to anyone in any of these stores. Let the buyer beware.

Alan

This message was edited by Audible Solutionns on 12/12/04 16:28 ET.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse