The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday December 13, 2004 at 01:16
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
I have a Harmony remote and it can definitely hold all the commands for all my equipment for home and from what I understand the same is true with the HTM remotes. I agree that it is not a good idea (makes it harder to use) but if someone wants it can handle it.

As to the Prontos.They were my initiation into high end remotes, back in 99, I am not a custom installer, but one of my projects then was a way to make videoconferencing easier to use and that would not be near the price of an AMX (what the VC sales person wanted us to buy) the company I worked for was a mining company and each plant/mine needed to pa for their system and there was no way they would pay for an AMX. The Pronto fulfilled the need perfectly and now any one can enter any of the VC rooms and use it. Click call, the name of the location you want to call and then press on the icon of the room where you want the camera to point of one of the device icons to change input and then press end call when done. It definitely made a complex set-up much more easier to use.

Hosting Services by ipHouse