Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday January 7, 2005 at 08:56
Audible Solutionns
March 2004
There aer two separate issues being discussed as the same. There is inventory which is what and how many items are in stock and where they may reside and then there is what the accounts call accounts and what we working folk call bills-either payables for purchasing them or receivables for which we receive payment. How you track supplies and equipment is one matter. If you have lots of trucks and your truck supplies are disappearing at an alarming rate might be important information. Then there is pilling for those miscelaneous truck supplies.

I am too undisciplined to invintory the former and like AHEM I have a line item for miscelaneous supplies in proposals to pay for them. However, if you have lots of trucks or wish to follow good, sound business practices you should come of with a system for invintorying truck supplies --- which is what I call these miscelaneous items. A certain amount of loss and pilforage is inevitable but you would want to know how much.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse