The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday January 9, 2005 at 21:11
mr2channel
Select Member
August 2002
I think that all of us in this part of the industry had to start somewhere, and I would say if you could take some vendor training (which is usually free, or low cost), it might add some value to your resume. I got started doing "hook up's" after work, while I was in college working at Circuit City (I know guys, go ahead, laugh, I do too looking back) and it turned out I was making just as much on the side as I was as a sales person, and from that point, that's all she wrote. So if you have a chance to get a part time job in the electronics world, take some vendor training, get any type of certification (CEDIA certification especially) that relates to the A/V world (or Telcom/Data world for that matter) you can show some value and prove that this is the direction you want to take your career in. I would pay close attention to what Theaterworks had to say, because you will find his comments to be the norm, not the exception.

Good luck

Trey
What part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." do you not understand?

Hosting Services by ipHouse