The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 8, 2005 at 02:53
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
Up front fact: I am not a custom installer. I just know a fair bit about hand-held remote controls - the HTM remotes more than most others. The term beside my name was given to me by Daniel. I'm not all that sure that I am an EXPERT, although, like I said, I know a fair bit about some remotes.

That being said, I've always thought it interesting when people say things like: "Let the PROFESSIONALS give you the right answers" or something to that effect.

Im my almost 50 years of existence on this rock, I've found many PROFESSIONALS with not a lot of EXPERTise.

It is the EXPERTS whose opinion that I value, who may very well be professionals.

Get me on this?

EXPERT: "A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject." (Dictionary.com)

PROFESSIONAL: "Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career." (Dictionary.com)

The above definitions are those that I agree with, althought Dictionary.com does include a definition for professional that includes "expertise".

I, however, believe that the word professional was first coined only to indicate that someone was working in a certain profession, and that it eventually evolved into it being a synonym for expert.

SO, my thoughts are although I appreciate the comments of all PROFESSIONALS in this forum, I truly only APPLY the advice of those that I deem to be EXPERTS, whether they are in the PROFESSION or not.

........ food for thought.........

Greg

P.S. Thanks to all who have enlightened me in so many ways in this forum merely by talking amongst yourselves as professionals and experts alike AND for taking the time to answer properly pre-researched/searched-for questions by non-professional and/or non-expert individuals in this field. Thank you!
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse